What is Parody Post?

As this is my first post, I'll be writing about the reasons why I started this blog. The answer is pretty simple. To make money. Hehe. Yeah, I can already visualize thousand of people rolling their eyes over my crass sense of humor. Sorry about that. So, I'll like to make few things clear. Parody Post is a serious blog, and its domain name is nothing but its author's poor attempt at irony.  We'll be discussing serious topics--about art and literature, terrorism and why Donald Trump is beardless Santa Claus of doom. So with that being said, let's rock and roll.

We live in an era of nerds. Yes, you read it right. There is no need to recoil. Marvel's movies are making billions of dollars.  Shows like Game of Thrones and Strangers Things are ruling the hearts of people from different walks of life. Stephen King's adaptations are streaming out cinema houses. So, yeah. I rest my case. But what does era of nerds actually mean? Well, it means the era of awesome stories (which sadly includes Fifty Shades of Grey).  So why are we so hungry for stories? That answer for that is also pretty simple: Because we know we are going to die. Arts and literature exist because of our mortality. As we are going to die, we are going to miss out on several things. Hell, we already failed to see the creation of the universe, living dinosaurs, mars with oceans. You get the point, right? There are plenty of things we will like to do but won't be able to do it. Art and literature give us those experiences. They allow us to explore Mars, dance with a tinman in emerald city, fight dragons and get screwed by an asocial billionaire.

Parody Post is about this stories. About their tellers. About the craft, with bonus content which includes aliens, conspiracy theories, short-stories, news and a little humor to spice things up.

And before we part, I would like to tell about myself.  I'm an Indian writer. I've written several short stories, poems, and novels--one of which will be soon published by a leading Indian Publisher.

PS:- Blog topic suggestions are welcomed. 

Aditya Mewati
17 November 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to write a blog when you don't have enough time?

What is a good story?

Sneak A Peek Into My New Novel